|Lanford / forda / Lantfort: Osbern de Sacey; Godwin from the king.|
|Lamesete / Lammaseta: Iudhael of Totnes.|
Tudor manor house.
|Lanbretone / Lanbretona: Roald Dubbed. 2 mills. 20 pigs.|
|Lanchers: Robert from Baldwin the Sheriff. 30 goats.|
16th century Langdon Court; Langdon Lodge.
|Langedone / gadona: Waldin from Iudhael of Totnes.|
Langford (in Cullompton)
|Langeford / gafort: Rainer from Baldwin the Sheriff. Cob.|
Langford (in Ugborough)
|Langeford / forda: Baldwin from the king.|
Langley (in Yarnscombe & Atherington) Now Langley Cross; tiny.
Clapper Bridge nearby.
|Langestan / Langhestan: Hugh from Baldwin the Sheriff.|
|Langetrou / trewa: King's land.|
|Lacome / Lancoma: Ralph de Pomeroy.|
Bury Barton, nearby, with a private chapel, licensed in 1434, and now a farm building.
|Slapeford / Eslapa- / Slapeforda: King's land. 30 cattle, 180 sheep.|
With Larkbeare Court.
|Laurochebere / bera: Alfred le Breton from Baldwin the Sheriff; Alfred le Breton.|
Now Little Lashbrook.
|Lochebroc / Lachebroc: Roger from Baldwin the Sheriff. 17 cattle, 21 goats.|
Leigh (in Churchstow)
16th century farmhouse, once part of Buckland Abbey with a dormitory, refectory and 15th century gatehouse.
|Lega: Walter de Claville. Cob.|
Leigh (in Coldridge)
Now 3 hamlets, East Leigh, Leigh Cross and Trinity Leigh.
|Bera: Walter from Baldwin the Sheriff.|
Leigh (in Harberton)
Now 2 hamlets, East and West Leigh.
|Lege / Lega: William from Iudhael of Totnes.|
Leigh (in Loxbeare)
Tiny; Leigh Barton.
|Lege / Lega: Roger from Fulchere.|
Leigh (in Milton Abbot)
Leigh Barton Farm; Leigh Wood.
|Lege / Lega: Tavistock Church.|
Leigh (in Modbury)
Now 2 hamlets, East and West Leigh.
|Lege / Lega: Iudhael of Totnes.|
|Lannor / Limor / Linor: Walter de Claville; Morin, the king's servant.|
Home of the Gould family for 400 years. The Reverend Sabine Baring-Gould plundered various Tudor houses to decorate his own.
|Lewe / Leuya: Roger de Meulles from Baldwin the Sheriff. 18 cattle.|
Liddaton Green. Some houses.
|Lidel- / Liteltone / Lideltona: Tavistock Church and Godfrey from the church. 24 cattle, 100 sheep, 50 goats.|
Early Tudor Wortham Manor nearby.
|Listone / tona: Colwin from the king, formerly Queen Edith. 55 cattle, 250 sheep, 50 goats.|
|Lincome / coma: Robert from Baldwin the Sheriff. Cob, 100 sheep.|
Part of Plymouth.
|Lisistone / -tona / Lisitona: Reginald from Count of Mortain. 30 goats.|
|Adonebovi: Bishop of Coutances.|
Litlleham (near Bideford)
Church with an old muniment chest carved from a single tree trunk.
|Liteham: Gotshelm from the king. 100 sheep.|
Littleham (near Exmouth)
Church with a Saxon scratch dial; burial place of Admiral Nelson's wife, Frances.
|Liteham: Horton Church. 139 sheep.|
Old manor, c.1400 with a 15th century fresco.
|Hamestone / Hamistone / Hamistona: King's land formerly Earl Harold. Ralph de Pomeroy from Iudhael of Totnes. 40 goats.|
|Mer- / Mirland / -landa: Gosbert from Theobald FitzBerner.|
Little Rackenford Farm.
|Litel Rachenford / forda: Ludo from Walter de Douai.|
|Torintone / Toritone / -tona: King's land, formerly Gytha, Earl Harold's mother; Alfred the Butler from Count of Mortain; Richard from Baldwin the Sheriff. 16 cattle, 65 goats.|
Little Weare Barton.
|Litelwere / wera: Odo FitzGamelin.|
Now 2 hamlets, Lobb and North Lobb.
|Loba / Lobe: Reginald from Roald Dubbed. Salthouse.|
|Lodeswille / willa: Iudhael of Totnes. Fishery (30 salmon).|
|Losbere / bera: Cranbourne Church.|
|Lollardesdone / estone / esdona: Walter de Claville.|
Lovacott (in Shebbear)
|Lovecote / cota: Roald Dubbed.|
Loventor Manor Farm, now a hotel.
|Lovenetorne / torna: Iudhael of Totnes.|
|Credie / Cridie / Creda / Cridia: Bishop of Coutances; William from Ralph de Pomeroy.|
|Levelige / Levaliga: Godbold. 160 sheep, 20 goats.|
|Lewendone / dona: Rainer from Godbold.|
|Lochesbere / bera: Bishop of Coutances.|
Old farms with stone barns and granaries.
|Locheshore / sore / sora / ssora: Robert de Beaumont from Baldwin the Sheriff. Alder-grove. 20 cattle, 100 sheep.|
|Lodebroc / Lodrebroc / Ludebroch / -broca: Reginald from Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Church with a Norman font carved with centaurs and a fine wagon roof.
|Lovapit: Walter de Douai. 26 cattle, 30 goats.|
|Loperige / Olperiga / Luperige / -riga / Kluperiga: Reginald from Count of Mortain; Walter de Claville; Baldwin from Gotshelm.|
Lupton House, now a school; Lupton Park.
|Lochetone / tona: Iudhael of Totnes.|
Luscombe (in Rattery)
|Luscome / cumma: Ansketel from William de Falaise.|
|Levestone / tona: William Cheever from Richard FitzGilbert.|
East Lyn, some houses.
|Line / Lina: William Cheever. New mill. 34 cattle.|
New town on the cliffs; below is the old fishing village of Lynmouth, scene of a disastrous flood in 1952.
|Lintone / tona: William Cheever. 58 cattle, 22 pigs, 200 sheep, 75 goats, 72 wild mares (with Ilkerton).|