Now 2 villages, Kirk and West Hallam.
|Halen / lun: Ralph de Buron; Mauger from Gilbert de Ghent. Mill site.|
Handley near Stavely
Now 2 hamlets, Middle and Nether Handley.
|Henlege: Robert from Ralph FitzHubert; Leofwin and Sidred from the king.|
Handley near Stretton
|Henlege: Robert from Ralph FitzHubert.|
Old farmstead, site of an ancient burial ground.
|Hanzedone: Coln from the king.|
Harthill Hall. Stone sites on Harthill Moor include Nine Stones, the remains of an Iron Age fort and a hermit's cave.
|Hortle / til: Henry de Ferrers, the pre-Conquest holder; Colle from Ralph FitzHubert.|
Town with lead and copper mines and a market since the 13th century.
|Hortedun: Henry de Ferrers.|
|Heorteshorne: Henry de Ferrers.|
Hassop Hassop Hall was a royalist garrison in 1643 during the Civil War.
According to tradition, the grave of Little John, Robin Hood's follower, is in the churchyard.
|Hereseige: Ralph FitzHubert.|
|Hatun(e): Henry de Ferrers and Saswalo from him.|
Hayfield Famous for its old fair with sheepdog trials. Joseph Hague (Dick Whittington) was born here.
Hazlebadge Hall (1549), the earliest example of the vernacular style of manor houses in the Peak District.
|Hegelebec: William Peverel.|
|Hainoure: Warner from William Peverel. Church.|
|Hedcote: Nigel of Stafford.|
|Hiltune: Burton Abbey; Robert from Henry de Ferrers. 2 mills.|
Hognaston / eston
|Ochenaueston: King's land.|
|Holebroc: Henry de Ferrers.|
|Holintune: Henry de Ferrers; Geoffrey d'Alselin.|
17th century Holme Hall.
|Holun: King's land; Hascoit Musard.|
Holme (in Chesterfield) Holme Hall Farm.
17th century Holmesfield Hall.
|Holmesfelt: Walter d'Aincourt.|
Hoon Hoon Ridge; Hoon Mount.
Attractive; 9th century Saxon cross in the churchyard.
|Hope: King's land, in the charge of William Peverel. Church, mill.|
|Opeuuelle: Bishop of Chester before and after 1066 and Ralph FitzHubert from him. 2 churches, mill, fishery.|
|Hosselei: Ralph de Buron.|
|Hoge: Saswalo from Henry de Ferrers. Mill.|
2 hamlets, Great and Little Hucklow. Grindlow, an ancient settlement with a prehistoric barrow, and 1300ft Burrs Mount, now a landing area for gliders, are on either side of Great Hucklow.
|Hochelai: William Peverel.|
|Hoilant: Geoffrey d'Alselin. ½ church.|
Jacobean farm house, all that remains of a lost village.
|Benelene: Ralph from Henry de Ferrers.|