|Caldecote: Aelmer from Count Alan; 2 men-at-arms from Hardwin of Scales; David d'Argenton.
Famous university city on the River Cam; Peterhouse, its oldest college, was founded in 1280. The Romans and Saxons had settlements here. The tower of St. Benet's Church is Saxon. Fine old buildings, museums and churches.
|Grante / Grentebridge: Count Alan; Count of Mortain from Judicael; Ralph Banks; Roger, Bishop Remigius's man; Erchenger; Picot of Cambridge. Castle, 5 mills.
|Carle(n)tone: Wymarc from Count Alan; Walter de Grandcourt and the Abbot of Cluny from William de Warenne; 2 men-at-arms from Hardwin of Scales; Countess Judith, formerly Earl Harold.
2 villages, with Shudy Camps; some earthworks remain from de Vere's castle.
|Canpas: Thurstan holds 2 hides from Robert Gernon. Land for 6 ploughs. 8 villagers, 8 smallholders, 6 slaves; meadow; woodland. Value £4; TRE 40s. Leofsi held it under Earl Harold. Aubrey de Vere holds 2½ hides. Land for 11 ploughs. 17 villagers, 4 smallholders, 6 slaves. Meadow; woodland.
Total value £15, TRE £12. Wulfwin, King Edward's thane, held this manor.
On Roman Ermine Street; once a coaching village - 2 houses were coaching inns in Tudor times. A restored gibbet stands to the north.
|Caustone: Hardwin of Scales.
Small fenland town, site of a pre-Conquest Benedictine monastery which was dissolved in 1538; a few stones remain.
|Cetriz: Abbot of Ely before and after 1066; Ramsey Church. Fisheries (1500 eels).
Suburb of Cambridge. The War Ditches are the remains of an Iron Age encampment where a massacre took place.
|Hintone: Count Alan. 4 mills.
Factory suburb of Cambridge.
|Cestretone: King's land. 1000 eels, honey, corn, malt.
Surrounded by Newmarket's stud farms.
|Chavelai: King's land; Enisant from Count Alan. Honey, corn, malt.
Childerley Hall (now in Dry Drayton village) where Charles I was held for 14 days in 1647.
|Cilderlai / Cildrelai: Bishop of Lincoln; Robert from Picot of Cambridge; Picot from Countess Judith.
Near one of the few undrained fens.
|Chipeham: Geoffrey de Mandeville; fishpond.
Now a village, Great Chishill and Little Chishill, a small village.
|Chishella / helle: Guy and Anselm from Count Eustace; Richard from William de Warenne; Roger d'Auberville; William Cardon from Geoffrey de Mandeville (who claimed back the land).
16th, 17th and 18th century houses, thatched cottages and 2 dovecotes (now cottages); site of a Roman villa.
|Bertone: King's land; 2 men from Picot of Cambridge; William of Keynes; Erchenger the baker.
17th century Conington Hall.
|Con / Cunitone: Picot from Robert Gernon; 8 freemen from Gilbert de Ghent; Payne from Hardwin of Scales.
Many of Samuel Pepys' relatives lived here. A tower windmill is now a water tower.
|Coteham: Abbot of Ely before and after 1066; Crowland Church; Roger from Picot of Cambridge; Picot from Church of Ely and from Church of St. Guthlac. 1000 eels.
In Croxton Park, which has a lake and Georgian house.
|Crochestone: Aethelwulf from Hardwin of Scales; David d'Argenton. 500 eels.
Croydon Wilds Wood is famous for birds and butterflies.
|Crauuedene: Earl Roger; Aelmer and Fulkwy from Count Alan; Humphrey from Eudo FitzHubert; 2 men-at-arms from Hardwin of Scales; Ansketel and Alfred from Picot of Cambridge.