|Sadin / Setintone: King's land. Mill.|
Site of a Roman pavement. Nearby earthworks, King Lud's Entrenchments, are thought to date from the 9th century.
|Saltebi: Roger de Bully. 2 mills.|
|Sape / Scepecote: King's land; Hugh de Grandmesnil and Fulbert from him. Mill.|
The church is the site of an Anglo-Saxon cemetery.
|Saxebi: Henry de Ferrers; Hugh Musard from Countess Judith. 2 mills.|
Site of a 14th century weekly market.
|Scaldeford: Ralph Pippin from Robert de Bucy; Robert from Countess Judith.|
Part of Leicester.
|Scrapentot: Coventry Abbey.|
Robert Burton, author of the Anatomy of Melancholy, was rector here, 1630-40.
|Satgrave: King's land; Henry de Ferrers; Robert de Bucy; Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold.|
Old drove road nearby.
|Sewesten: William Lovett.|
Saxon jewellery was here.
|Sacrestone: Robert the Bursar.|
|San(c)tone: King's land; Hugh from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Geoffrey from Robert de Vessey.|
|Scene / Scerneford: Robert from Bishop of Lincoln; Hugh de Grandmesnil; Countess Judith; Thorkell from the king.|
|Sawelle: Robert from Count of Meulan. Mill.|
|Seuesbi / Sue(ue)sbi: Quentin's wife, Norman and Howard from the king.|
Mill; mill pond.
|Scepa: Henry de Ferrers. Mill.|
|Scepehe: Walter from Hugh de Grandmesnil. Mill.|
17th century hall.
|Scentone: King's land; Roger from Henry de Ferrers; Norman from Robert de Vessey.|
Large; market place.
|Scepe(s)hefde: King's land. Mill.|
Inn was a 13th century tithe barn.
|Sibetesdone: King's land.|
Industrial; medieval church.
|Seg / Sigelbi / Siglesbie: King's land; Arnold from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. 2 mills.|
The hall was the home of Skeffington family from the late 13th century.
|Sciftitone: King's land. Mill.|
|Slaches / Slagestone: Ingold, Godric and Fran from Robert de Bucy.|
|Esmeditone / Smi(te)tone: King's land; Hugh de Grandmesnil and Robert from Hugh; Robert the Bursar.|
|Snochantone: Wazelin from Henry de Ferrers.|
|Snarchetone: Robert the Bursar.|
Birthplace of the surgeon William Cheselden (1688-1752).
|Sumerdeberie / lidebie / Summerdebi(e): King's land; Roger from Henry de Ferrers; Robert the Bursar.|
|Crochestone / Croptone: Roger from Bishop of Lincoln; William from Robert de Tosny. Mill.|
Large; Tudor house; medieval moated site; fishponds. William Peason, the astronomer, was rector here from 1817 and built an observatory.
|Cleveliorde: Robert de Vessey; Robert from Guy de Raimbeaucourt.|
Marefield near Melton Mowbray.
|Alia Merdefelde: King's land.|
|Sprotone: Warin from Guy de Craon; Godfrey de Cambrai; Hugh Musard from Countess Judith. 3 mills.|
Stanton under Bardon
|Stantone: Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
Church; hall; safari park; once a Roman and Saxon settlement.
|Stapeford: Henry de Ferrers. 2 mills.|
Richard III camped south of here before the Battle of Bosworth Field.
|Stapletone: Coventry Abbey; Crowland Abbey.|
Red and white cottages; formerly a lace-making centre.
|Stachedirne / tone: William from Robert de Tosny; William and Roger from Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
Hall with park and lakes.
|Stantone: Arnolf from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
|Stoctone / tun: Hugh de Grandmesnil. Mill.|
Stonesby On old drover's road.
|Stantone: Robert the Bursar.|
|Stantone: Hugh from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Osbern from Countess Judith. 2 mills.|
On outskirts of Leicester.
|Sto(c)tone: Howard and Erneis from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Stretton Now the village of Little Stretton, and a church, all that remains of Great Stretton.
Stretton en le Field
|Stretone / Streitun: Roger from Henry de Ferrers. Mill.|
Overlooking Bosworth Field.
|Sutone: Crowland Abbey; Arnold from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Sutton in the Elms
The county's oldest Nonconformist chapel.
|Sutone: Quentin's wife and Ralph from the king.|
|Scopestone: Nigel from Henry de Ferrers.|
|Suin / Suine(s)ford: Ralph from Bishop of Lincoln; Arnbern the Priest; Robert from the king; Hugh de Grandmesnil; Hugh and Warin from Robert de Bucy; Alwin from Geoffrey de La Guerche. Mill.|
Part of Melton Mowbray.
|Sis / Sixtenebi: Geoffrey de La Guerche and Rainer from him; Hugh Burdet from Countess Judith.|
|Sitestone: Swein from Hugh de Grandmesnil. Mill.|