|Walecote: Ordric, the pre-Conquest holder, from Thorkell of Warwick.|
Walsgrave on Sowe
Traces of Neolithic settlement; coal mining since the late 16th century.
|Sowa: Coventry Abbey; Richard Hunter from the king. Mill.|
|Waltone: Count of Meulan. 3 mills.|
|Wapeberie: Geoffrey de la Guerche. Mill.|
|Warmintone: Count of Meulan and a man-at-arms from him.|
County town with partly Norman Warwick Castle.
|Waru(u)ic: King's land and various landholders and burgesses holding dwellings. 24 sesters of honey.|
(To find out more about Warwick's history click here)
|Wasmertone: Coventry Abbey. Mill (4 packloads of salt, 1000 eels).|
|Watitune: Hereward from Count of Meulan.|
|Welleford: St. Denis Church, Paris.|
Wellesbourne Now 2 villages, Waleborne Hastings and Mountford. Wellesbourne Hall was the home of the Granville family; Mary Granville, 18th century collagiste, was a favourite of George III.
Weston in Arden
16th century hall, home of the 11th Baron la Zouche, sole dissenter at the trial of Mary, Queen of Scots.
|Westone: Fulk from Count of Meulan.|
|Westone / tune: Evesham Abbey; Roger from Hugh de Grandmesnil. Mill.|
Weston under Wetherley
|Westone: Robert from Count of Meulan; Robert from Thorkell of Warwick; Johais from William FitzCorbucion.|
|...atercote: Roger from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
|Wicford: Robert from Gilbert de Ghent. 2 mills.|
|Witecerce: Count of Meulan and Walter from him. 2 mills.|
Whitley Abbey; Whitley Bridge on the River Avon.
|Witeleia: Drogo from Robert of Stafford.|
|Witenas: Humphrey from Hascoit Musard.|
Site of the 1st to 2nd century Roman settlement of Venonae, now vanished.
|Wibetot: Fulk and Robert from Count of Meulan.|
Wiggins Hill Farm.
|Winchicelle: Browning, the pre-Conquest holder, from Thorkell of Warwick.|
|Welei: Fulk and Robert from Count of Meulan.|
|Wilcote: Hugh's clerk from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
|Ullavintone: Ewein from Robert of Stafford; Fulbric from Gilbert de Ghent. Mill.|
|Wilebec / bei / bene / bere: Wulfric, Ordric, Leofgeat and Godwin, all pre-Conquest holders, from Thorkell of Warwick; Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Mary Arden's house.
|Wilmecote: Urso from Osbern FitzRichard.|
Castle Liberty; Wilnecote Hall.
|Wilmundecote: Ingenwulf and Arnulf from Count of Meulan.|
|Wenecote: William the Chamberlain; Reginald the Chaplain from the king.|
|Witscaga: Ordric, the pre-Conquest holder, from William FitzCorbucion.|
|Witone: Stanketel, the pre-Conquest holder, from William FitzAnsculf.|
|Witeleavesford: Evesham Abbey. Mill (20 sticks of eels).|
|Ulfelmescote / Wlfemescot: Thorkell of Warwick and 4 brothers, the pre-Conquest holders, from him.|
Now 2 villages, Great and Little Wolford.
|Ulwarda / Ulware / Volwarde / Worwade: Wadard from Bishop of Bayeux and Gerald from him; Ralph from Count of Meulan; Robert of Stafford and Ordwy and Alwin, the pre-Conquest holder, from him. Mill.|
Wolston Grange; Manor house; earthworks of 13th century Brandon Castle, destroyed in 1266 probably by Simon de Montfort.
|Ulvestone / Ulvricestone: Reginald from Earl Roger. Mill.|
|Ulfwarditone: Urfer from Robert of Strafford; William FitzCorbucion.|
Also the hamlet of Wolvey Heath. The Rev. Hugh Hughes, a non-resident vicar here, was George Eliot's Mr Crew in Scenes of Clerical Life.
|Ulveia: Robert of Vessey.|
County Police Headquarters.
|Widecote: Count of Meulan and Gilbert from him.|
|Wotone: Robert of Stafford. 2 mills.|
Extensive earthworks of the medieval village, depopulated in 1498.
|Wimeles / Wimenes / Wimerestone: Gilbert from Count of Meulan; Warin from Thorkell of Warwick; William from Geoffrey de Mandeville.|