Church, probably of Saxon origin, but badly restored in 1903.
|Walburgetone: William from Earl Roger; Roland and Acard the priest. Church, park.|
|Waldere / Waldrene: Osben from Count of Eu; Ansfrid from Count of Mortain.|
|Walnoch: William from Count of Mortain.|
Wantley Hill Estate and Wantley Manor Farm.
|Wantelei: William FitzRanulf from William de Braose.|
Manor house, 1609.
|Wapingetorne: William FitzMann from William de Braose. Salt.|
|Warborgetone: Wibert from Count of Eu.|
Facing Arundel across the river.
|Garnecampo / Warnecham: Nigel from Earl Roger. 2 fisheries.|
Warningore House; Warningore Farm.
|Venningore / Waningore: Hugh from William de Warenne.|
On highish ground overlooking Pevensey Levels.
|Werlinges: William from Count of Eu. 3 salthouses.|
Part of Wellhead Wood.
|Waliland: 5 men from Count of Eu.|
Adjoining Burpham. Wepham Wood nearby.
|Wepeham: Picot from Earl Roger. Mill, 2 fisheries.|
Large; former small market town on the Hampshire border.
|Borne / Burne: Earl Roger. 4 mills, fishery.|
11th century church; pleasant cottages.
|Cilletone / tune: Robert from Earl Roger; Ralph from William de Braose. Church.|
Secluded. King Alfred had a palace here, probably on the site of the manor house, now in ruins.
|Dene: Osbern and Ralph from Count of Mortain. 4 salthouses.|
|Westewelle: Wibert from Count of Eu.|
Iron Age and Roman settlements; Neolithic long barrow.
|Ferla / Ferle: Count of Eu and Osbern, Walter and the monks of Treport from him; Count of Mortain and the clergy of St. Pancras, Lewes, Jocelyn, William, Gilbert and the Castle Wardens from him. 3 mills.|
On Roman Stane Street; 14th century church.
|Hentone: William from Earl Roger. Mill, church.|
Fishing; on Chichester harbour.
|Icenore: Warin from Earl Roger.|
Middleton Manor House.
|Westmestun: Robert from William de Warenne.|
Part of Worthing; some old buildings. Thomas à Becket is said to have introduced the fig into his garden here.
|Terringes: Archbishop of Canterbury; William de Braose. 2 churches.|
On an island in Chichester harbour.
|Tornei: Mauger from Bishop Osbern of Exeter.|
|Watlingetone: Reinbert from Count of Eu, formerly Earl Harold.|
Now Hurst Wickham, a built-up adjunct of Hurstpierpoint.
|Wicham: William de Watteville's wife from William de Warenne and Alwin from her.|
Suburb of Eastbourne.
|Wilendone / Wille(n)done: Count of Eu and Reinbert, Osbern FitzGeoffrey, and Hugh from him; Count of Mortain and Osbern, William, Jocelyn, Gilbert, Alwin, Ansgot, Godfrey the priest and Ansfrid from him. 11 salthouses.|
Long barrows and flint mines nearby.
|Wilminte / Wineltone: Abbots of Battle and Grestain from Count of Mortain.|
Lower and Upper Wilting Farms.
|Wiltingham / Witinges: Ingelrann from Count of Eu; the Abbot of Battle from Ingelrann. Park.|
Lost in Kingston village.
|Wintreburne: Aldith from William de Warenne.|
|Wigentone: Reinbert from Count of Eu.|
Under the Downs; 11th century church.
|Wistanestun: Ralph from William de Braose. Church.|
Now East Wittering, a coastal resort with bungalows and holiday chalets, and West Wittering village with an 11th century church.
|Westringes: Bishop of Chichester and Ralph and Herbert from him; Robert from Earl Roger and Ralph from him. Mill.|
Church, largely rebuilt in 1868.
|Odemanscote: William FitzRanulf from William de Braose. Church.|
Pretty; on the River Rother; Saxon church.
|Welbedlinge: Odo of Winchester from the king. Mill, church.|
|Ovelie: Ralph from William de Braose.|
Wootton (in East Chiltington)
Wootton Farm, probably the ancient manor house.
|Odetone / Odintune: Archbishop of Canterbury; Nigel from William de Warenne. Mill.|
Wootton (in Folkington)
Wootton Manor, a Jacobean house.
|Lodintone / Lodiutone: Count of Mortain. Mill, 5 salthouses.|
Worth (near Little Horsted)
|Gorde: Ralph from Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Seaside resort, a fishing hamlet until the 19th century.
|Mordinges / Ordinges: Robert and Ralph from William de Braose.|