St. Mary's Farm nearby.
|Berge / Burgemere: Gozo from William de Warenne. Small church.|
Scattered; 3 mills in mid-Victorian times, none remains; Norman church.
|Bercham: William de Watteville from William de Warenne. Church, 3½ mills.|
Barkham Manor House.
|Bercheham: Gilbert and Warner from Count of Mortain.|
|Berleventone: Robert from Earl Roger. 2 mills.|
Norman church; Jacobean manor house.
|Berneham: William from Earl Roger. Church, mill.|
|Wasingate: Battle Church from Reinbert.|
Small town around the abbey built by William after the Battle of Hastings on the spot where Harold died, and consecrated in 1094.
|La Batailge: Battle Abbey.|
On the Ouse marshes; Iron and Bronze Age settlements nearby.
|Bed(d)ingham / Beling(e)ham: Count of Eu; Count of Mortain and Godfrey, Gilbert and Abbot of Grestain from him. 4 salthouses, mill.|
Beech (in Battle)
Isolated; Beech Farm.
|Bece: Abbot of Battle and Osbern from Count of Eu.|
Isolated; Bellhurst Farm.
|Bellest: William from Count of Eu.|
Scattered; 13th century church.
|Babintone: Geoffrey from Earl Roger. Church.|
|Berewice / Bervice: Reinbert from Count of Eu. Mill, 2 fisheries.|
Downland; part of suburban Brighton.
|Bevedene: Walter from William de Warenne.|
Late-Victorian seaside resort; originally Saxon church; 14th century manor house.
|Bexelei: Count of Eu and Osbern, Venning, William de Sept-Meules, Robert St. Leger, Reinbert, Ansketel, Robert of Criel and Geoffrey and Roger from him. 2 churches.|
|Bilesham: Hugh from Earl Roger.|
Roadside; ruined late 17th century chapel.
|Bertredtone: Earl Roger. Church.|
|Benestede: Osmelin from Earl Roger.|
|Bontegraue: William from Count of Mortain.|
Expanding; on Chichester harbour.
|Brideham: William from Earl Roger. Mill, 2 fisheries.|
Saxon church with a sundial bearing the name BADRIC.
|Biscopestone: Bishop of Chichester and Geoffrey, Harold and Richard from him.|
Edward Dalyngrydge's castle, now National Trust-owned, built during the Hundred Years War in 1385; moat from his manor house.
|Bodeham: Osbern from Count of Eu. Hall.|
Church, with many Saxon features, that appeared on the Bayeux tapestry; manor house. In 1064 Harold sailed from here to Normandy.
|Boseham: King's land with Bishop Osbern of Exeter holding the church. 11 mills, 2 fisheries, salthouse.|
Bowley Bogelie Lost.
Priory church from the Benedictine monastery founded in 1117.
|Bosgrave: William from Earl Roger.|
Joined by new housing to Steyning; once a medieval port. De Broase's keep dates from soon after the Conquest.
|Brembre: William de Braose. Castle.|
|Branbertei: Ralph from Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Surrounded by woodlands. 'Mad Jack' Fuller, a Regency eccentric, lived at Brightling Park.
|Brislinga: Robert from Count of Eu. Church. Woodland.|
Major seaside resort, a small fishing village until the mid-18th century, where Richard Russell promoted the medicinal uses of sea-water; the Pavilion was built for the Prince Regent by Henry Holland, 1787.
|Bristelme(s)tune: Ralph, Widard and William de Watteville from William de Warenne. 4000 herrings, church.|
Suburb of Worthing.
|Bradewatre: Robert from William de Braose. Church, mill.|
|Biochest: Ansfrid from Count of Mortain.|
|Brunham: Venning the priest from Count of Eu.|
|Botintone: Robert from Earl Roger.|
Under Chanctonbury Ring; church, c.1070.
|Bongetune: Robert from William de Braose. Mill.|
Isolated; on the River Limden.
|Burgeham: Reinbert from Count of Eu.|
Burleigh House Farm.
|Berchelie: William from Count of Mortain.|
Early Norman church.
|Bercheham: Roger from Earl Roger. Church.|
Idyllic setting; Burton Mill pond, surrounded by woods.
|Botechitone: Robert from Earl Roger. Mill, fishery (260 eels).|
Early Norman church.
|Berie: Abbot of Fécamp. Church, fishery.|