|Madelie: Wulfgeat from Robert of Stafford.|
Tudor hall, once the home of the Wedgwood family.
|Mere: Wulfgeat from Robert of Stafford.|
On the outskirts of Needwood Forest.
|Merchametone: Henry de Ferrers.|
Marston (by Stafford)
|Mer(se)tone: St. Evroul's Abbey from Earl Roger.|
|Mersetone: St. Remy's Church, Rheims.|
Named after the Mavesyn family, called Mal-voisins (bad neighbours) in Norman times.
|Rid(e)ware / Ridvare: Ascelin from Earl Roger.|
Mayfield 2 mills; weir; hanging bridge. Saxon cross in the churchyard.
|Mep- / Metford: Nawen from St. Remy's Church, Rheims; Helgot from Earl Roger.|
On the course of an old canal; mere; deer park.
|Mera: King's land. Mill (4,000 eels).|
Mill Meece Pumping station.
The church bell, dated 1409, is the county's oldest and rang for Agincourt.
|Melewich / Mulewiche: King's land; Osbern from Robert of Stafford.|
|Mutone: Robert of Stafford.|
Wooded; built by the Wedgwood family in 1903.
|Modredeshale: William from Earl Roger.|
Moreton (in Colwich)
Now Upper Moreton; Moreton House.
|Mortone: Nigel from Bishop of Chester.|
Moreton (in Gnosall)
|Mortone: Benedict from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Moreton (in Hanbury)
|Mortune: Alchere from Henry de Ferrers.|
Morfe House Farm; Morfe Hall Farm.
|Morve: William FitzAnsculf.|
Charles II stayed in hiding in Moseley Old Hall in 1651, after his cause was lost at Worcester.
|Moleslei: Roger from William FitzAnsculf, formerly Countess Godiva.|
2 stones nearby, Devil's Ring and Devil's Finger, were both pierced in prehistoric days. Queen Margaret of Anjou reputedly watched the rout of 10,000 Lancastrians in the Battle of the Roses at Blore from the church tower.
|Moclestone: Leofing, from the king.|
Musden Musden Grange and Musden Wood.