Now 2 hamlets, Lower and Upper Lacon, in moorland.
|Lach: Ranulf Peverel from Earl Roger.|
The seat of the Lee family; Sir Richard Lee was a Royalist commander. Only a timber-framed gate-house remains of their home.
|Languelege: Toret from Earl Roger.|
Industrial; on the edge of Telford.
|Lauelei / lie: William Pantulf; Turold from Earl Roger.|
Severnside; in a wooded setting.
|Letone: Anschitil from Earl Roger.|
Now Upper Ledwyche; on the Ledwyche Brook.
|Ledewic: William Pantulf from Earl Roger.|
Lee (in Leebotwood) Lost.
Castle Hill earthworks nearby. The name means 'clearing in the Forest of Botwood'.
|Botewde: Auti, the pre-Conquest holder, from Earl Roger.|
In hunting country.
|Lege: Norman from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Industrial; Leegomery House.
|Lega: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
Hall of the Leighton and Kynnersley families, who dominated the area from the 13th to the 19th century; Kynnersley Arms Inn, formerly a mill.
|Lestone: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger. Mill.|
|Possetorne: Helgot from Earl Roger.|
Large; abbey church.
|Linleshelle: Church of St. Almund and Godebold the priest from the church. Mill.|
Suburb of Market Drayton.
|Draitune: Turold from Earl Roger.|
Area near Great Dawley.
|Dalelie: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger.|
Pretty; castle motte; watermill near Adcote House.
|Nesse: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger. Mill (600 eels).|
|Sudtone: William Pantulf from Earl Roger.|
Compact; under the Wrekin; densely wooded.
|Wenloch: Church of St. Milburga before and after 1066. 2 enclosed hunting woods, eyrie of falcons.|
|Wideford: Roger de Lacy and Fulco from Earl Roger.|
Sheep-farming; on the River Teme, at the Welsh border.
|Watredene: Ralph de Mortimer.|
|Langedune: Robert FitzCorbet from Earl Roger.|
One street; hall, a fragment of an impressive Tudor mansion.
|Languedune: Church of St. Almund.|
By the Strine Brook; Hall (1794-97) by the Italian architect Joseph Bonomi.
|Langeford: Turold from Earl Roger. Mill.|
Hall by John Nash. Edward Burton, a Protestant zealot, who died from joy on learning that Elizabeth I had acceded to the throne, is buried in its garden.
|Languenare: bishop of Chester and Wigot from him.|
|Walanceslau: Gerard from Earl Roger.|
Loppington Queen Anne hall. The church was attacked and set alight in 1643 by Royalist forces determined to capture an enemy garrison within.
Loton Park; deer park, developed from the hunting wood.
|Luchetune: Roger FitzCorbet from Earl Roger. Enclosed hunting wood.|
The Low(e) (in Wem)
Lowe Hill farm.
|Lai: Roger de Lacy from Earl Roger.|
Lowe (in Stottesdon)
|Lau: Ralph de Mortimer and Richard from him.|
Connected to Ludlow by a 15th century bridge; mill.
|Ludeford: Osbern FitzRichard. Mill.|
Lutwyche Hall, a late 16th century brick mansion, now a school.
|Loteis: Rainald the Sheriff from Earl Roger and Richard from him.|
Huddled; late Norman church; Walcot Hall, built after 1763 for Clive of India.
|Lideberie: Bishop of Hereford before and after 1066. Church, mill supplying the manor house.|
Lydham Manor house nearby.
Lydley Heys Lost.