|Winchel(l)e: Reginald from Miles Crispin; Reginald from Earl William.|
|Waltone: Roger d'Ivry. Fishery.|
|Werplesgrave: Hervey from Bishop of Bayeux.|
Watcombe Manor near Pyrton.
|Watecumbe: Geoffrey from Miles Crispin; Robert from Earl William.|
|Etone: Robert d'Oilly. Mill, 3 fisheries.|
|Pereiun / Perie: Robert from Robert d'Oilly.|
|Stoch: Saewold from Bishop of Lincoln. Mill.|
Market town near the old Icknield Way.
|Watelintone / tune: Preaux Abbey; Robert d'Oilly; Robert from Earl William. 2 mills.|
Now Bampton, some houses.
|Welde: Thoedoric the Goldsmith.|
By the site of Roman Alchester, now fields.
|Wandesberie: Saswalo from Geoffrey de Mandeville.|
|Bertone: Rotric from Bishop of Lisieux.|
|Westone: Gilbert from Robert d'Oilly. 2 mills.|
|Westwelle: Walter Poyntz.|
|Witefelle: Peter from Robert d'Oilly.|
Also Whitchurch Lock and Hall. Sir John Soane, founder of the Soane Museum, was born John Swan here (1753).
|Witecerce: Miles Crispin. Mill.|
|Wistelie: Roger from Bishop of Bayeux; Godfrey from Roger d'Ivry. Mill.|
Norman church with a Roman floor.
|Widiforde: Archbishop Thomas; St. Oswald's of Gloucester. Mill.|
Extensive Roman remains.
|Wigentone: Guy d'Oilly. Mill.|
Wilcote Manor House.
|Widelicote: Wadard from Bishop of Bayeux.|
Market town. Blankets have been made here since the 14th century.
|Witenie: Bishop of Winchester. 2 mills.|
|Ulfgarcote: Godfrey from Roger.|
Wood Eaton Hall. Roman remains including a coin of Cunebelinus, Shakespeare's Cymbeline; Roman or Saxon well.
|Etone: Fulk from Roger d'Ivry.|
|Widelie: Ansketel of Graye from Earl William.|
|Peregie: Roger from Bishop of Bayeux.|
Market town, known for manufacturing gloves. Bleinheim Palace, given to the Duke of Marlborough, and designed by Vanbrugh, is one of England's greatest houses.
|Wodestoch: King's land. Forest.|
|Optone / Oitone: King's land; William and Ilger from Bishop of Coutances. 2 mills.|
Worton (in Cassington)
|Wrtone: Roger from Earl William and Robert from him.|
Now 2 hamlets, Nether and Over Worton.
|Hortone: Adam from Bishop of Bayeux; Alfwy from the king; Thurstan from Bishop of Coutances. 2 mills.|
Burial place of the banker Thomas Coutts (1735-1822).
|Werochestan: Ingelrann from his father Guy de Raimbeaucourt. Mill.|
|Hucheuuode: King's land. Forest.|
|Wicham: Robert from Bishop of Lincoln. Mill.|