|Lachestone: Walter from Robert de Tosny.|
|Luvestorp: Buterus from Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
Town. Iron Age settlement; established as 'Civitas' by the Romans; Cathedral see of the Bishop of Leicester until the 9th century when it became a Danish borough. It was the site of the first Parliament called by Simon de Montfort, in 1265, and an early centre of the dissenting tradition; from the 18th century it was dependent on the hosiery and boot and shoe trades for its wealth.
|Ledecestre: King's land; Hugh de Grandmesnil; Countess Judith; Bishop of Lincoln. 6 churches, 2 mills.|
|Legre: Bishop of Lincoln; Robert de Bucy; Robert the Bursar; Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
In the suburbs of Market Harborough.
|Bugedone: Count of Mortain. Mill.|
Hartopp Hall, now flats, produced the first widely known Stilton cheese, c.1730.
|Dalbi: Roger from Henry de Ferrers; Robert from Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
Little Thorpe Lost.
In hilly, wooded countryside; hall.
|Ludintone: Robert from Robert de Bucy. Mill.|
Large; in the Vale of Belvoir; manor house.
|Clachestone: Ivo from Robert de Tosny; Thurstan and Theobald from Robert Usher.|
Town; a centre of the hosiery trade, past and present, and of Luddite riots. Its November Fair dates from the 13th century.
|Locte / Lucteburne: Roger, Ralph, Hugh, Godric and Roger from Earl Hugh. 2 mills.|
Depopulated in the 15th century; site of famous pottery in 19th century. Church hall and fishponds remain.
|Glowesbi: Hugh Burdet from Countess Judith. Mill.|
Hall; pond; green.
|Lobenho / Luban / Lubeham: Walkelin from Archbishop of York; Osbern from Robert de Tosny; Robert de Bucy from Countess Judith.|
Small town. Reformer and theologian John Wycliffe was rector here in the late 14th century.
|Lutresurde: Mainou le Breton.|