Baggrave Deserted; Baggrave Hall survives.
Coal mines nearby.
|Bageworde: Ralph from Count of Meulan.|
Barkby Hall and Park. William Pochin, the 18th century Saxon scholar, was born here.
|Barcheberie / ebi: William from Robert de Tosny; Leofric from Adelaide wife of Hugh de Grandmesnil. Mill.|
|Barchestone: Robert de Tosny.|
|Berulvestone: Ralph and Arnold from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Geoffrey from Robert de Bucy.|
Barrow upon Soar
Part of Greater Leicester; Roman settlement; limestone quarries.
|Barhou: Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. 3 mills.|
Barton in the Beans
|Bartone: Hugh from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
|Barewelle: Coventry Abbey.|
Beeby Birthplace of Robert Catlin, a judge under Elizabeth I.
Part of Leicester. It was the site of the city's only suburban railway station when the Great Central Railway was built in the 1890s.
|Merdegrave: Hugh de Grandmesnil; his wife Adelaide. Mill.|
Site of Bronze and Iron Age settlements; Saxon settlement. George Fox, founder of the Society of Friends in the mid-17th century, went to school here.
|Billesdone: Norman from Geoffrey Alselin.|
|Bildestone: Countess Godiva.|
Part of Greater Leicester.
|Burstel(l)e: Hugh de Grandmesnil and Widhard from him. Mill.|
|Bichesbie: King's land. Mill.|
|Betmeswel(le): Robert from the king and Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
In Greater Leicester.
|Bladi: William from Count of Meulan. Mill.|
|Blade / Bla(ue)stone: Robert de Tosny from the king and Countess Judith.|
|Bortrod: Robert from Henry de Ferrers.|
The county's biggest village church, containing the tombs of the Earls (later Dukes) of Rutland.
|Bot(h)es / Holesford: Robert de Tosny and Odard, Baldric, Clarebald, Robert, Heldwin, Gilbert and 4 Frenchmen from him. 6½ mills.|
|Brantestone: Ralph from Bishop of Lincoln. 2 mills.|
Part of Leicester.
|Brocardescote: Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Part of Leicester.
|Brantestone: Robert Burdet's son from Hugh de Grandmesnil.|
Absorbed in Leicester.
|Brandesthorp / dinestor, Brunechinestorp: Hugh de Grandmesnil; Payne from William Peverel.|
Deserted; Tudor Manor House, the home of Lord Cardigan in the 19th century.
|Brochesbi: Wulfsi from Coutess Judith; Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. Mill.|
Part of Greater Leicester. The Quaker George Fox addressed his first large outdoor meeting here in the mid-17th century.
|Broc / Broh / Bros(s)tone: Ralph from the king; Osbern from Hugh de Grandmesnil; Hugh de Grandmesnil from Countess Judith.|
|Brunestan / Brunestinestorp: Hugh de Grandmesnil; Robert from Count of Meulan. Mill.|
The church is probably one of the sites where missionaries baptized Anglo-Saxon converts.
|Bucheminstre: Son of Walter from Bishop of London.|
Burbage On the outskirts of Hinckley. Fine common; handsome old houses. Roger Cotes, the first Professor of Astronomy at Cambridge in 1706, lived here.
'Burgh', The Lost.
Burrough on the Hill
Site of a prehistoric hill fort.
|Burc / Burg: Robert from Henry de Ferrers; Geoffrey de La Guerche; Herbert from the king.|
Hall and park. Its name comes from a lepers hospital founded by a Crusader.
|Burtone: Robert from Henry de Ferrers; Richard from Roger de Bully; Geoffrey de La Guerche.|
Burton on the Wolds
Late Georgian hall.
|Bor / Burtone: William from Geoffrey de La Guerche; Durand Malet, Leofwin, Godric and Hugh from Earl Hugh.|
Near Roman road; birthplace of Hugh Weston (1505-58) who presided over Cranmer's trial. The banks nearby are earthworks, possibly the site of a deserted village.
|Burtone: Hugh de Grandmesnil.|