|Badelesmore / Bedenesmere: Bishop of Bayeux, claimed by St. Augustine's Abbey before 1066. Church, fishery.|
Isolated on hilltop. The Norman church, built of flint and Caen stone at time of Domesday, is noted for its carved-stone decorations.
|Berfrestone: Ralph de Courbépine from Bishop of Bayeux; a poor woman paid 3½d.|
Prehistoric earthwork, Roman burial mounds and Saxon cemetery on Barham Downs.
|Berham: Fulbert from Bishop of Bayeux. Church, 3 mills, 25 fisheries.|
Residential London suburb.
|Bacheham: Ansgot of Rochester from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
Beckley Hill in industrial marshland.
|Bichelei: Adam from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
Archbishop Cranmer lived here.
|Burnes / Borne: Bishop of Bayeux; St. Augustine's Abbey. Church, mill, salthouse, 1½ fisheries.|
|Benedestede: Aethelwold also holds BENSTED from the Bishop [of Bayeux]; Robert holds it at a revenue. It answers for 1 yoke. Land for ....In lordship 1 plough, with 5 slaves. Meadow, 1 acre; woodland, 6 pigs. Value before 1066 and later 20s; now 40s. Godric held it from Young Alnoth.|
|Berewic: William of Adisham from Archbishop of Canterbury.|
Site of lost medieval village; mansion in parkland.
|Bedesham: Osbern son of Ledhard from Bishop of Bayeux.|
Thames-side London borough.
|Bix: Archbishop of Canterbury. Church, 3 mills.|
On the edge of Romney Marsh.
|Bilsuitone: Bishop of Bayeux. Church, 10 salthouses, 2 fisheries.|
|Berlinge: Ralph de Courbèpine from Bishop of Bayeux. Church, mill, fishery (60 eels). 330 eels.|
Writer Joseph Conrad lived in what is now the rectory for 5 years before his death in 1924.
|Burnes: Archbishop of Canterbury. Church, 2 mills.|
|Blachemenestone: Harvey from Hugh de Montfort. Church; named after Blackman, who held it formerly.|
Once in the royal forest of Blean; Blean Woods and Dunkirk Woods nearby (now a nature reserve) are all that remain.
|Bleham: Hamo the Sheriff. Church, fishery.|
Now Bodsham Green.
|Bodesham: Geoffrey from St. Augustine's Abbey.|
The church, of Norman foundations, is dedicated to St. Rumbold, who, legend has it, professed Christianity and preached a sermon before he died aged 3 days.
|Bonintone: William son of Gross from Hugh de Montfort. Church.|
The first Borstal institution for young offenders was established here in 1901.
|Borchetelle / Borcstele: Bishop of Rochester. 2 mills.|
Boswell Banks Lost.
Boughton Court manor house. A fireplace in the church porch may have been used by medieval pilgrims.
|Boltune: Count Eustace. Church, 2 mills.|
Fine views across the Weald. Sir Henry Wotton, the Elizabethan poet and diplomat, lived in the manor house behind the church.
|Boltone: Ralph son of Thorold from Archbishop of Canterbury; Hugh nephew of Herbert from Bishop of Bayeux. 2 churches.|
|Bogelei: Bishop of Bayeux. Church, mill.|
At the foot of the Downs. Boxley Abbey, founded 1146, was famous for its Rood of Grace on which Christ's figure miraculously moved; exposed as a mechanical fraud in 1539. The abbey's 13th century tithe barn still stands.
|Boseleu: Robert Latimer from Bishop of Bayeux. 3 mills.|
|Brade / Breburne: Hugh de Montfort. Church, 2 mills.|
Napoleon III lived at Brasted Place in 1840 before returning to France, eventually to become Emperor.
|Briestede: Hamo the Sheriff holds BRASTED from the Archbishop [of Canterbury]. It answers for 1½ sulungs. Land for 10 ploughs. In lordship 2. 24 villagers with 16 smallholders have 12 ploughs. A church; 15 slaves; 2 mills at 24s; woodland, 80 pigs; from grazing, 9s 6d. In total, value before 1066 £10; as much when acquired; now £17. Abbot Alnoth held this manor from the Archbishop of Canterbury.|
In the Romney Marsh on the line of the ancient Rhee Wall.
|Brand(et) / Brensete: Canons of St. Martin's of Dover.|
Founded 862; the Bishops were Lords of the Manor until 1845; the market, granted in 1205, is still there. H.G. Wells was born here.
|Bronlei: Bishop of Rochester. Mill.|
|Brunfelle: Robert Latimer from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
Buckland (near Dover)
Part of Dover.
|Bocheland(e): Alwin from Canons of St. Martin's of Dover.|
Buckland (in Luddenham)
Parish with Roman villa site.
|Alius Bocheland / Bocheland / Tercius Bocheland: Osbern and Thurstan de Gironde from Bishop of Bayeux.|
|Berchuelle: Wadard from Bishop of Bayeux. Mill.|
The manor, church, and part of the old village lie adjacent to modern Burham. A Roman villa site is nearby.
|Borham: Ralph de Courbèpine from Bishop of Bayeux. Church, mill.|
|Borchemeres / Burwarmaresc: St. Augustine's Abbey.|