Clare Park and farm. Part of a Roman villa was excavated nearby.
|Beddeleie: William from Bishop of Winchester's monks (who held it before and after 1066).|
Bartley Heath, the site of Odiham racecourse from 1760 to 1875.
|Berchelei: Godwin from the king. Mill.|
|Ber / Burmintune: In the New Forest. Durand from Earl Roger.|
|Bertune: King's land; Hugh de Port from William FitzRoger; St. Victor's Church from Ralph de Mortimer.|
Manor farm; lodge.
|Bailocheslei: Alfsi the Priest from Canons of Twynham.|
Expanding industrial town.
|Basingstoches: The King holds BASINGSTOKE in lordship. It has always been a royal manor. It never gave tax, nor has the hide been apportioned there. Land for 20 ploughs. In lordship 3 ploughs; 20 villagers and 8 smallholders with 12 ploughs. 6 slaves; 3 mills at 30s; 12 freedmen with4 ploughs. A market at 30s; meadow, 20 acres; in Winchester 4 men of the suburb(s) paid 13s less 1d. Geoffrey the Chamberlain holds the land of one of these but neither the Sheriff nor the Hundred have ever seen the King's seal for it. Woodland at 20 pigs.
Mont St. Michel Church holds from the King 1 church with 1 hide and the tithes of BASINGSTOKE manor. A priest; 2 villagers and 4 smallholders with 1 plough. A mill at 20s; meadow, 2 acres. Total value £4 5s. Bishop Walter held it from King Edward, but it was not of his Bishopric's.
Now 2 hamlets, Battramsley and Battramsley Cross.
|Bertramelei: In the New Forest.|
|Beceslei: In the New Forest. Nigel from Earl Roger.|
Part of Havant; partly Norman church.
|Betametone: Hugh de Port from St. Peter's, Winchester, the pre-Conquest holder. Church, 2 mills, 2 salthouses.|
|Beneclege / Benedlei: Bishop of Winchester; William the Archer; Osmund from the king.|
On the River Avon; water mill.
|Bichetone: Hugh Maci from Earl Hugh. Mill.|
Church with a Norman font.
|Bighetone: St. Peter's, Winchester. Church.|
|Benestede: Hugh of Port holds 2 hides of this manor [Droxford] from the Bishop in 'BINSTEAD'. Agemund held it from the Bishop; he could not go whither he would. In lordship 2 ploughs; 3 villagers and 3 smallholders with 1 plough. 6 slaves; a mill at 10s; meadow, 7 acres; woodland at 5 pigs; from pasturage 10d. Value before 1066 and now 60s; when acquired 40s. From this head manor Ralph of Mortimer holds by force ½ virgate which was there before 1066, although the monks clear it from tax.|
The Bishops of Winchester kept hounds here; kennel foundations are still in a field near the church.
|Sudtone: Count Eustace, formerly Earl Harold. Church, mill.|
|Stoches: Bishop of Winchester before and after 1066. Church, mill.|
Ruined 12th century palace, once part of Winchester See.
|Waltham: Bishop of Winchester before and after 1066. Park for wild animals.|
Manor house; 2 farms.
|Betestre: In the New Forest. Sons of Godric Malf, the pre-Conquest holders.|
Church with a Saxon chancel, arch and font.
|Borehunt: The Bishop of Winchester's monks; Earl Roger; Tesselin from Hugh de Port. 2 mills, 2 salthouses.|
|Bovreford: In the New Forest.|
Robert Southey married Caroline Bowles here.
|Bovre: In the New Forest. Hugh de St. Quentin.|
Bosley Lost. Name survives in Bosley Road.
Bossington House and a mill on the River Test.
|Bosintone: Robert FitzGerald.|
Town on the River Hamble. The remains of a Danish war galley were found in the mud.
|Botelie: Ralph de Mortimer. 2 mills.|
Farm; Boyatt Wood.
|Boviete: Herbrand de Pont Audemar.|
|Bradelie: Geoffrey from Bishop of Winchester (who held it before and after 1066).|
Elizabethan manor house.
|Biondene / Brondene: Odo of Winchester from the king; Miles the Porter, the King's servant.|
Church with 13th century paintings, one of which shows Thomas à Becket's martyrdom.
|Brumelai: Hugh de Port. Woodland for 80 pigs.|
|Brammesage: Edmund from the king.|
17th century Bramshill House is now a police college.
|Bromselle: Gilbert de Breteuill; Hugh de Port.|
|Brandesberee: Richere the Clerk claimed from Bishop of Winchester.|
Breamore Tudor; medieval maze.
Early English church.
|Brocestre: In the New Forest. Aelfric (formerly his father and uncle). Church.|
Part of Lascham.
|Brocheseve: Nigel the Doctor. Mill.|
Part of Havant.
|Brochem: St. Peter's, Winchester before and after 1066; Herbert the Chamberlain from Hugh de Port. Mill.|
A Saxon warrior's grave was found nearby.
|Brestone: King's land. 3 mills.|
|Candevre: Hugh de Port from St. Peter's Church, Winchester.|
|Burnewic: Bishop of Winchester.|
Part of Portsmouth.
|Bocheland: Heldred from Hugh de Port.|
|Bolende: Wherwell Abbey. Mill.|
Now 2 hamlets, Upper and Lower Burgate.
|Borgate: King's land; Picot from the king. 2 mills. 1000 eels.|