|Caldecot: St. Denis's Church, Paris.|
Cam Part of Dursley town. A cloth mill, founded here in 1815, is still working.
|Crasowel: Odo from Roger de Lacy.|
|Cateslat: William Goizenboded. Mill.|
|Cirvelde: Jocelyn le Breton. Mill.|
Several manor houses nearby.
|Cheuringaurde: Roger from Ralph de Tosny.|
Stone Age grave (Belas Knap); 2 excavated Roman villas; 2 springs; Tudor manor house.
|Cerletone: Winchcombe Abbey. Mill.|
Straggling. A Long Barrow and Chedworth Roman Villa and Museum are in the woods.
|Cedeorde: King's land. 3 mills, a salt toll.|
Town, Saxon in origin and made famous as a spa by George III. Now a prosperous commercial centre with fine Regency buildings.
|Chinteneham: King's land; Reinbald from Cirencester Church. 5 mills. 20 cows, 20 pigs, 16s for bread, formerly 3,000 loaves for dogs.|
|Cerintone: Geoffrey from Miles Crispin. Mill.|
Suburb of Cirencester.
|Hugh from William FitzBaderon.|
Small town, a 'wool' town in the Middle Ages; 14th century Grevel's House; the remains of Campden House, burnt in 1645.
|Campedene: Earl Hugh, formerly Earl Harold. 2 mills.|
Churcham The church had a hunt here both before and after 1066. Churcham Court, now a farmhouse.
Suburb of Gloucester.
|Cirecesdune: Archbishop of York.|
Now Icomb; Icomb Place, a 15th century manor house.
|Iacumbe: Bishop of Worcester; for the supply of the monks.|
Town based on light industry and agriculture. As Corinium it was the second largest Roman town in the British Isles; many Roman remains. An important medieval 'wool' town, it declined in the 19th century.
|Cirecestre: King's land (before 1066 the Queen had the sheeps' wool). Hugh from William FitzBaderon; Cirencester Church. 3 mills.|
Part of Bristol; Georgian spa with fine Regency buildings; Bristol University buildings; Clifton Suspension Bridge.
|Clistone: Roger FitzRalph.|
2 farms; manor house.
|Claenhangare: King's land; Roger from the king.|
|Coberleie / Culberlege: Roger de Berkeley.|
Battlefields House, named after the Battle of Lansdown (1643).
|Ecestone: Bath Church. Mill.|
Coln Rogers Saxon church with nave and chancel intact.
Coln St. Aldwyn's
Between large estates; Elizabethan manor.
|Culne: Gloucester Abbey. 2 mills.|
Coln St. Dennis
|Colne: St. Denis's Church, Paris.|
Combe Baskerville Lost.
|Contone / Cuntune: Archbishop of York. Mill.|
|Contone: Gilbert FitzTurold from Bishop of Worcester.|
Surrounded by prehistoric earthworks and burial mounds.
|Condicote / Cornicote: Archbishop of York; Osbern from Bishop of Worcester; William Breakwolf; Osbern from Durand the Sheriff.|
|Kulege: Pershore Abbey. Mill.|
|Cromale / Cromhal: King's land.|
Cromhall Lygon Lost.
|Culcorto(r)ne: Herbert from William d'Eu; Ansketel from Roger d'Ivry; Roger d'Ivry from Durand the Sheriff.|
|Codestune: Archdeacon Alric from Bishop of Worcester.|