|Naborne: King's land; Robert de Tosny.|
Water-powered mill by the pond.
|Nadfartone: King's land; William de Percy. Mill.|
|Nesseuuic / Nessuinc: Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain.|
Now 2 villages, North and South Newbald, known as Newbald; Lower Mill Farm; church, c.1120, the finest of its date in the Riding.
|Niuuebald / Niwebolt: Archbishop of York and the Canons of St. Peter's Church, York, from him. 4 mills, church.|
Newsholme Parks; site of a 16th century deer park.
|Nesse / Neuhusa: Ralph de Mortimer.|
Great Newsome Farm.
|Neuhuson / Niuuehusu: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Newton (in Cherry Burton) Lost.
Newton (in Wintringham)
Place Newton, a mansion, c.1837; medieval village site.
|Neuton / Neuutone: Ralph Pagnell.|
Farmhouse; medieval village site.
|Nichuetun / Niuueton: Drogo de Beuvriere.|
North Burton (or Burton Fleming) Manor house.
|Alia Caue / Caue: Canons of St. Peter's Church, York, from Archbishop of York; Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain; Robert Malet; Hugh FitzBaldric. 2 mills.|
North Cliffe Manor House Farm.
Manor house; Norman church; tumuli.
|Dalton(e): Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain; Robert de Tosny and Berengar from him; Autbert, the pre-Conquest holder, from the king. Church.|
Triangular market place-cum-green.
|Dufeld / -felt / Nortdufelt: Count of Mortain; Gilbert de Tison.|
Large, residential; Victorian church.
|Ferebi: Nigel Fossard from Count of Mortain; Ralph de Mortimer. Church.|
Church with a Saxon cross-head.
|F(r)otingham: Drogo de Beuvriere. Church, 3 fisheries.|
|Grimestona / ton(e): King's land; Archbishop of York; Hugh FitzBaldric.|
The medieval village was washed away by the sea.
|Torp: Walter from Drogo de Beuvriere; William Malet, according to the men of Holderness.|
|Schire(s)lai / Scirlai: Archbishop of York; Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Town. Its church has a Norman font; disused water-mill.
|Norton(e): King's land; Ralph de Mortimer; Hugh FitzBaldric. Church, mill.|
Norman church with an Anglo-Saxon cross, c.1000. Manor named after a nunnery, founded c.1150.
|Brunham: King's land; Forne FitzSigulf from the king.|
Remains of a buttress from a house of Benedictine nuns, founded 1152, after which the hamlet was named.
|Chelinge / Chiling(h)e: Baldwin from Drogo de Beuvriere.|
Nuttles Hall Farm.
|Not(h)ele: Drogo de Beuvriere.|